LAST UPDATED: 2020-09-23
Guidelines for Prohibited Ad Content:
Ads of a sexual nature or depicting sexually suggestive behavior. This includes the sale of adult content like:
- Nudity or implied nudity.
- Contraception: condoms, lubricant, any sexually related gels/creams
- Sex toys: furry handcuffs, whips, chains, dildos, nipple tassels, etc
- Escort, sex, or massages services.
- Underwear or swimwear.
- Pornography in all forms of media; books, magazines, video, audio
- Ads offering or promoting fetish items. i.e used underwear, pictures of feet
- Items depicting sexual symbols or organs. i.e. phallic shaped bongs
Ads attempting to disguise or mislead users in an attempt to commit fraud.
Ads in infringing on trademark or copyright agreement; sharing registered company logos or trademarks without consent. i.e. Apple, Nike, Chanel, Samsung, etc.
Ads specifically targeted towards minors must not promote products that are inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, in addition to not exploiting or misleading the minor.
Ads promoting illegal or prohibited content such as:
- Tobacco, alcohol, and related products. i.e., e-cigarettes, vapes, vaping juice/liquid
- Pharmaceutical or recreational Drugs, Online and Offline Pharmacies, promotion of over-the-counter medication.
- Products explicitly exploiting crises. i.e., Covid-19 related facemasks, medical supplies, test kits, thermometers.
- Weapons, ammunition, and explosives that can be used for harm; including but not limited to:
- Firearms and firearm parts i.e., mags, scopes, sights, flamethrowers, smoke grenades, blank and dart guns, tranquilizers, flare guns, etc.
- Non-lethal guns: Airsoft, pellet, paintball, and bb guns.
- Bladed weapons: any knife, sword, or bladed items like ninja stars.
- Flammable and explosive materials (all kinds of fireworks, rifle and pistol cartridges, hunting gunpowder, etc.)
- Crossbow and arrows.
- Self-defence items: batons, pepper spray, and electroshock items like tasers, stun guns, and electroshock flashlights.
- *EXCEPTIONS: Doner knives or kitchen knives and their sets are allowed.
- Products promoting unsafe or unapproved supplements or cures related to weight loss or sickness.
Animal related products such as:
- Animal parts used for cures
- Live animals
- Live marine life i.e. coral
- Skulls and taxidermy
- Flea/tick preventive medicines
- Animal breeding services
- Animal parts from endangered or protected species
- Animal traps
Human body and parts, such as:
- Body parts and/or human fluids i.e. human organs, breast milk, semen, babies.
- Items or tools that promote illegal activity, theft, or harm directly or indirectly. i.e spyware or malware.
- Second hand used items like used cosmetics
- Gambling related products, events, or services.
- Current physical and digital currencies circulating i.e. crypto, euros, bitcoin, etc.
- Pesticides and spraying machines (i.e sprayer, atomizer, etc.)
- Illegal tickets (concert, theater, festival tickets, etc.)
- Formal clothes
- Hearing aids
- Program hacking software
- Prescription glasses, contact lenses
- Listening devices, bugs
- Lockpick, lock openers
- Products that are prohibited sale and transfer and/or restricted by contracts (Game accounts, special beverage cabinets belonging to brands, etc.)
Ads that promote discrimination by religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual-orientation, and political affiliation.
Ads with inappropriate/vulgar language or offensive gestures.
Ads in poor taste or outright revulsion. I.e. ads showing ear wax directly in the ear
Ads promoting violence and realistic gore against humans, animals, or objects that share a likeness. I.e. prosthetic human body. This includes any graphic images depicting war, crime, abuse, and other illegal activities
The following types of ads should be considered restricted content: Ads promoting or offering services: financial, legal, medical, etc. Ads promoting “friendly” meetup platforms or dating services Ads promoting or related to social and political issues, or upcoming elections. Ads promoting weight loss or cosmetic procedures, drug and alcohol medical treatments, or centers promoting treatments.
Ads containing phishing links are not allowed. All destination landing pages must reflect or relate to the ad content presented.
Contact information like phone numbers, website domains, social handles, or email addresses must be legitimate and belonging to that advertiser.
Actions Against Ad Violations:
We reserve the right to reject or remove any ad at our own discretion when we consider appropriate, including those that negatively affect our relationship with users or promote nefarious content, services or activities to our position in relation to the competition, our interests or our advertising philosophy.